Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Feeling a Bit Foolish

I write about happiness a lot on this blog. In fact, shameless plug, I wrote a short piece for Excessive Sweating Tips on the matter. There are a lot of things that make me happy. However, BIG however, I constantly forget that happiness and self fulfillment is a very active pursuit. Happiness is a whiny needy baby. You have to nurture that sucker. 

I was presented with an opportunity to interview for a new position with a company that I strongly believe in and think would help put me on the career path of my dreams. The stars seemed to have aligned. I read my horoscope and according to astrologist Susan Miller the planets are all saying "YOU'RE THE BEST!". OK not exactly but my negotiating power was supposed to be strong. I went in to the interview with the confidence of a gorgeous Wall Street jock. I was there to crush it. YEA BRO!


The email came today that I didn't nail it. They've found someone else. It's amazing how one email with just a few short cordial sentences can deplete your self confidence. I've gone from jock bro to a bratty teenager. What am I going to do with my life?! 


Time to refocus on making myself happy. Here I am writing. Tonight maybe I'll sew. 

I'm fortunate yet feeling foolish humbled today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment