Friday, February 7, 2014

Eyebrow Threading: What You Should Know

My boss bullied me into getting my eyebrows threaded for the first time. She thought it would be a good pick-me-up after the breakup. I'll admit my brows are a little unruly. But in my defense thick eyebrows are in! I didn't want to lose my long hard work of more than a year ignoring eyebrow maintenance.

Threading? Come again? A nice lady (perhaps man) takes a piece of sewing thread and yanks out your eyebrow hairs. It's like waxing but with thread.

In my fantasy world, my thick eyebrows would resemble Emma Watson's.
Photo via FanPop

Did I enjoy it?
No not really. It hurt! but I did laugh along with my boss at the absurdity of what was happening. So, ok, maybe I enjoyed it a little.


What should you prepare for?
Nothing really. But a heads up for my hand sweaters, you will need your hands to hold your eyelids taught. Holding the skin taught for the person threading your eyebrows helps ensure they grab the hair. You won't need to hold the entire time but for parts of it. 
You can ask for a tissue while you hold your eyelids taught. Keep in mind the whole process takes about 10 minutes so if you're uncomfortable it'll be over with quickly.

It's not horrible but there is discomfort. Again, it's over in 10 minutes. Buck up and get those clean brows. 


Am I pleased with the results? Would I do it again?
Yes, the results are great. I miss my fuller brows but my face looks cleaner and my eyes bigger. I can't deny the swagger boost it gave me. I am fairly certain I will do this again despite it being uncomfortable. This particular shop was only $8 plus tip; making it a small investment.


Excuse the filter on my photo. Fluorescent lighting in the office is flattering to NO ONE.

On more thing...
No chemicals are used in the process, just a string. I didn't have any breakouts afterwards like I do with waxing. Irritation went down after a few hours. 


There are a myriad of videos on YouTube showing the process. Threading be crazy!



No comments:

Post a Comment