Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Hello, Nice to Meet You


I'm a little sweaty right now. If you're reading this, chances are you are too. I'm a 26 year old young professional living in Los Angeles and I have hyperhidrosis.

As I was drifting off to sleep last night I thought, "I should start a blog about me being a sweaty girl living in LA." Konk out. Wake up. It was the first thing I thought of when I woke up. Let's do this.

I haven't met a single soul who has this condition. Sure I've met people who sweat a lot but I've seen them all wear sandals. That's my true test for hyperhidrosis-- you are terrified to wear sandals. I want to meet people who have to alter almost every part of their lifestyle to accommodate for the fact that they sweat. I have to rely on reading what others with hyperhidrosis have to say on the internet. I want to connect with this world, add my two cents and hopefully contribute a few laughs.

My ideal setting is 65 degrees with a cool breeze. I don't care if I'm freezing. I'm just fucking ecstatic that I'm not sweating. My go to outfit is a pair of TOMS that can soak the sweat from my feet, jeans that never show a crotch stain, a tank top under my tshirt to wick away sweat and a cardigan to cover my pit stains. I NEVER wear grey. At the age of 19 I had endoscopic surgery to stop my hands from sweating. I now have the joy of horrendous compensation sweating. It's a trade off.


I'll share my embarrassing stories, tips for covering the sweat, and the inner dialogue of a fellow sweater. I'll try remedies and share the results. And, the fun part, sex and dating as a sweaty girl. My kind of a guy runs the air conditioner year-round. A fan in the bedroom is a must.

Above all else though, I want to talk to you. We each experience this shitty condition differently but it's nice to know we're not alone. Let's sweat through it.

Cheers,
Sara